2.23.2008

Send Back 2 Me & 8 Other Friends or U Will Die!

Hahaha, this Onion article reminds me of when my mom sends me e-mails containing chain letters, egregiously incorrect rumors, animated .GIFs, "funny" photos of little kids or animals, or jokes that I already saw back in 1998, when I first got AOL.

The moment her computer's hourglass icon finished spinning, Petersen was subjected to a vast compendium of mass-circulated poetry, pet humor, and inspirational aphorisms with vague underlying religious motivations. Without needing to scroll down, Petersen further noted that the e-mail featured a background wallpaper of cartoon ducks, as well as numerous typographical errors and a large banner spelling out "You got 2 love this!" in a rainbow-colored, bouncing font.

Sorry Mom, but it's true.

No comments: